Last week in AI brought us cool new things. Firstly, making videos with Pika Labs AI, secondly, creating 3D models with Masterpiece X, it was an exciting week. We also saw how Midjourney helps make bigger pictures. Additionally, we saw BMW’s fun campaign with a virtual friend. Furthermore, Google’s new tools to check pictures, artists protecting their work with Nightshade, and Forbes’ new way to search news with Adelaide. Each story shows us how AI is making things better and different.
🚀 Video Innovation with Pika Labs AI
The future of content creation with Pika Labs AI, a stellar platform transforming your textual or visual ideas into cinematic videos effortlessly.
- Visual Creation Haven: Craft videos effortlessly with text or image prompts.
- AI-Powered Cinematics: Free, AI-driven video generator creating four-second, 24 FPS videos.
- Tailor-Made Experiences: Customize parameters for unique video outputs.
- Cinematic Mastery: Pursue perfection in cinematic video crafting.
- Discord-Based Operations: Dive into creation in diverse generation rooms.
- Strengths & Growth Avenues: Excel in environmental effects, with room to enhance human portraits portrayal.
Discover the finesse of AI in video creation, explore customization, and the pursuit of cinematic excellence. Engage with Pika Labs’ community on Discord to unleash your creativity.
🌐 3D Creation Frontier: Masterpiece X
- 3D Genesis with AI: Revolutionizes 3D creation, turning text into animated 3D models seamlessly.
- User-Friendly Interface: No installations, just a browser, keyboard, and a dash of creativity required.
- Text-to-3D Magic: A simple text input unfolds into detailed 3D models, bridging imagination with reality.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Assets blend effortlessly with popular game engines and applications.
- Nvidia Synergy: A cornerstone collaboration boosting AI inferencing, paving the way for 3D software evolution.
- VR Embellishments: Tailor your models in VR on Meta Quest headsets, adding a layer of immersion.
Masterpiece X marks a pivotal moment in 3D modeling, lowering barriers for both budding and seasoned creators. This blend of intuitive AI with robust GPU infrastructure by Nvidia heralds a new dawn in 3D modeling and generative design.
🚀 Midjourney’s Upscaling Revolution
Stepping into the high-resolution domain, Midjourney has unfolded a feature to upscale AI art, transcending the prior 1,024 x 1,024-pixel boundary.
- Resolution Renaissance: Boost images 2x or 4x, hitting a peak of 4,096 x 4,096 pixels.
- Print-Ready Art: Achieve crisp A3 prints, outshining previous postcard-size limitations.
- Time-Cost Trade-off: Upscaling consumes more time, impacting monthly image quotas.
Dive deeper to understand the implications of upscaling on generative art’s commercial viability and how Midjourney is gearing up to stay competitive in the generative art landscape.
BMW’s AI Generated Influencer
BMW has launched a new campaign for its iX2 model with a virtual character named Lil Miquela. The campaign is called ‘Make it Real‘. It’s available in many places including Europe, Asia, and the United States, showing BMW’s idea of “Freude Forever.”
- Virtual Meets Reality: The campaign, concocted in collaboration with creative agency Media.Monks and director Stefanie Soho from BWGTBLD, showcases a short film where Lil Miquela ventures from the virtual domain into the real world with the new BMW iX2, a journey depicting her growing fondness for human existence.
- Narrative Resonance: Stefan Ponikva, VP of Brand Communication and Experience at BMW, emphasizes the century-long legacy of crafting emotions and memories with BMW, acknowledging the digital wave sweeping across the industry.
- Metaverse Echoes: Patrick Klebba, Executive Creative Director at Media.Monks, reflects on the profound storytelling amidst the booming Web3, Metaverse, and AI tide, underscoring the essence of real-life experiences.
A closer look at this campaign reveals not just a marketing stride but a narrative that resonates with the digital era, portraying a seamless blend of virtual and real realms.
Image Fact-Checking Made Easy by Google
Google has unrolled tools designed to help users fact-check images. This suite of tools, now accessible globally to all English speakers, shows the image’s history, metadata, and the context in which it was used across various sites.
A notable feature allows users to discern when an image was first “seen” by Google Search, aiding in understanding its contextual recency. The tools also offer insights into how others have described the image on different platforms, which can be instrumental in debunking false claims.
- AI-Generated Image Identification: Users can now see metadata indicating if an image is AI-generated, a step toward transparency amidst the rising tide of AI in image creation.
- Facilitating Fact-Checkers: Approved journalists and fact-checkers have the capability to upload or copy image URLs to delve deeper into them using Google’s FactCheck Claim Search API.
- Generative AI Experimentation: Google is piloting generative AI to assist in describing sources like unfamiliar pages or blogs, with an opt-in feature for users to view AI-generated information about sites.
- Industry Movement: In parallel, Adobe released a toolkit to verify image credentials, and a new initiative called Community Notes has been launched for crowdsourced fact-checking on images and videos.
This step by Google reflects a broader industry push towards ensuring authenticity in the digital realm.
MIT Technology Review: Nightshade
The article from MIT Technology Review sheds light on a new tool dubbed Nightshade, engineered to empower artists in the face of generative AI technologies that might utilize their artworks without consent. Here’s a concise summary of the key takeaways:
- The tool facilitates artists in altering the pixels of their artworks subtly before uploading them online.
- When these modified images are scraped and used in training AI models, they can cause the models to malfunction, producing chaotic and incorrect outputs like mistaking dogs for cats.
- Nightshade can be integrated with another tool, Glaze, which also aims to protect artists’ rights by masking their unique style to prevent scraping by AI companies.
This initiative is a reflective measure against the ongoing concerns in the AI realm regarding data privacy and intellectual property rights. With tools like Nightshade, artists can have a fighting chance to protect their creations in the digital age where data scraping is prevalent.
Forbes’ AI Search Tool: Adelaide
Forbes has launched a new AI search tool named Adelaide, powered by Google Cloud, to offer personalized news recommendations. This tool, accessible on Forbes.com, provides personalized responses to user queries based on Forbes articles. It’s an extension of Forbes’ efforts to enhance user engagement and content discovery through AI.
For more information, you can click here.
Last week in AI shows us how every week comes with new ideas and tools. Consequently, AI is changing how we do things, from making art to checking if a picture is real. As we learn from last week in AI, we wait to see what new stories next week will bring.
Curious about leveraging these AI advancements for your enterprise? Discover what Vease can do for your business by chatting with our bot. For more AI insights, visit our blog. Missed last week’s updates? Catch up here.